Saturday, February 28, 2009

Disney on Ice

















Let me just start off by saying how wonderful the Disney on Ice show was yesterday. Haven and Lily truly had a great time as did I. As soon as we walked inside the Palace the girls just could not stop smiling. Mickey Mouse was all over the place - souvenirs galore, and just tons of little girls dressed up as princesses. We checked out the pre-show where they had gowns on display from Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Sleeping Beauty - and guest appearances by Cinderella and Belle! Very cute. We rushed to get to our seats which was fun since I had my bag, 2 coats, carrying Lily and Haven holding my hand - but we made it! As soon as we got to our seats the show started - perfect timing - no antsy little girls. I took so many pictures - but most of them don't do justice as to how wonderful everything was. We had great seats - 2nd row from the ice! I was nervous that everyone would look to "big" but the girls didn't seem scared at all. Lily was holding her ears a few times because it was loud and she is still sensitive to sounds.









First off Mickey and Minnie came out, then all the cars for the Cars movie. Very cute indeed. Then was the little mermaid - I just loved that part. The Lion King was the next part and let me tell you, that was amazing. And then it was intermission. I decided it was best to stay in our seats - I bought some popcorn for the girls and we just had fun with our glow sticks. The 2nd half was all Tinkerbell. Cute, but not my favorite. It was awesome that the fairies floated above the ice - and the finale was wonderful too - the confetti falling from the ceiling was cute - all the kids were amazed by that - I just laughed and thought about the mess that someone has to clean up!



When it was time to leave - we bought a program, coloring book, and a Tinkerbell flag. It could have been worse as far as spending money on unnecessary light up gadgets. But I bought some glow sticks at the dollar store before hand - so the kids didn't feel like they didn't get cheated!


I lost my car! Thankfully we were only 1 row out of place. It was freezing and raining when we left and wandering around with 2 kids looking for the car was a challenge. But I found it! And starting laughing because you kept hearing car alarms going off with other parents searching for their cars! I saw 5 navy minivans in the row that I was parked - it's hard not to lose your car when everyone has the same kid friendly mobile!





When we got home we had lunch, long naps, and then laughed and giggled while looking through the photos. It was a great time and I hope that in the future, Ed will be able to come with us - so it would be a family affair.

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

Yay! Glad you had a good time. You got some cute shots - it's hard to take pictures at a place like that.